Looking for a new breakfast recipe that is not only easy to make, but enough food for your whole family and maybe even guests during the Holiday Season? This Tater-Bacon Breakfast Bake is all that and a bag of chips! OK – there are no chips involved……but it is easy to make and oh so good!
Tater-Bacon Breakfast Bake by Lane Bashaw
FEEDS 12-15 People
WHAT YOU NEED[lists style=”check” color=”green”]
- 1 – 8×10 baking pan
- 10 eggs
- 1 Bag of Tater Tots
- 1 -1/2lb. Bag of Shredded Cheese (whatever type you prefer – you can use more or less cheese – you do you!)
- 1 – 1/2lb. package of Bacon
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
- Cover the Bottom of the pan with frozen Tater Tots and put it in the Pre-Heating Oven for 5 min.
- Fry Up the Bacon
- Pull The Pan out of the Oven (that was just to somewhat thaw the bottom layer of tots)
- In a bowl, scramble up 5 of the eggs (you may also add some salt and pepper)
- Pour the eggs over the bottom layer of Tater Tots. Try to make sure it fills in most of the spaces between them.
- Next, sprinkle the shredded cheese (as much as you want…but saving some for the top) over the surface.
- Crumble up the bacon and spread it over the entire surface.
- Add another layer of tater Tots, Eggs, and finally cheese to cover the top.
- Bake for 1 Hour or Until Golden Brown On Top (make sure to stick a fork in the middle to make sure the eggs are completely cooked! If not, reduce oven heat to 300 and cook another 15 minutes).
*Feel free to experiment by using different meats (sausage, ham, etc.), adding mushrooms, or onions and green peppers.